Unless you’re specifically looking for an iced coffee, it’s best served hot. Nobody wants a slightly warm cup of coffee. It just doesn’t get the job done like that. The problem is that we’re not always at home or near a coffee shop to grab a fresh cup but that’s where the best travel mugs save the day.
Travel mugs are designed to keep your coffee at the perfect temperature for a long time so you can enjoy it whenever you want, wherever you are. But which are the best travel mugs for coffee?
Before you jump in and buy the prettiest looking travel mug you can find, there are a few things to consider:
- Performance: The purpose of a travel mug other than being portable is its ability to keep your drink hot. Check that your chosen travel mug meets the required standard.
- Reliability: The last thing you want when you’re travelling is for your travel mug to leak everywhere. Make sure you’re buying a mug with a reliable lid.
- Convenience: Different travel mugs meet different needs. If you’re in a car, make sure it fits in the cupholder. If you’re walking, make sure it fits in your bag or has a convenient handle.
- Maintenance: Keeping your travel mug well maintained is key to its longevity. Check whether it needs to be hand washed or is machine safe.
The Best Travel Mugs for Coffee
With all of the above considered, here’s a list of some of the best travel mugs available. The following products meet the requirements of being both affordable and reliable for the everyday coffee lover.
Thermos Stainless King Travel Tumbler
Perhaps the best thing about this travel mug is the brand itself. Thermos is a well-known and trusted brand that has been around for a long time.
With vacuum insulation technology used in this product, you can be sure that your coffee will maintain its temperature for a long period of time. In fact, with the Thermos Stainless King, you can expect your coffee to remain hot for 7 hours and cold drinks to maintain their temperature for a massive 18 hours.
Thermos pride themselves on using the most reliable materials possible and the Stainless King comes with a ‘drinklock’ sealing lid. This kind of feature is important if you’re on the move and want to avoid any nasty spillages.
- Thermos vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention.
- Keeps hot for 7 hours and cold for 18 hours.
- Features a drinklock sealing lid.
720°DGREE PleasureToGo Travel Mug
720°DGREE have gone with the minimalistic look with their PleasureToGo travel mug. It comes in a range of colours that suit all kinds of usage, whether you’re wanting to keep your coffee hot in the office or are planning an outdoor adventure.
The PleasureToGo has a 360° one-click drink opening which means you can enjoy your hot coffee with just one hand. Plus, it’s really light so is perfect for drinking on the go.
As for timings, you can expect to keep your coffee hot for 5 hours and cold drinks cold for 9 hours. Of course, most of us are looking for a leakproof option and the PleasureToGo provides just that while also having a detachable lid for easy cleaning.
- Drink comfortably from any side thanks to the 360° drinking opening.
- 5h Hot / 9h Cold.
- The detachable lid makes it very easy for you to keep your new travel mug clean & hygienic.
Contigo West Loop Autoseal Travel Mug
One of the most important things for on the go travel mugs is the ability to prevent leakages. The Contigo travel mug does this effectively by automatically sealing between sips. There’s also a lid lock in place to stop you from accidentally pressing the autoseal button while moving around.
The double-wall vacuum helps to keep coffee hot for around 5 hours while cold drinks can maintain their temperature for 12 hours.
One of the best features of the Contigo Autoseal travel mug is its easy-to-hold design. It can be operated with just one hand which makes it a great choice for outdoor use. Plus, it’s dishwasher safe and easy to clean.
- Autoseal technology automatically seals between sips to prevent leaks.
- Drinks stay hot up to 5 hours or cold up to 12 hours
- Dishwasher-safe lid hinges open completely for easy cleaning.
Artlive Double Walled Insulated Coffee Cup
This insulated coffee cup is an interesting addition to this list because it’s designed as an environmentally friendly alternative to disposable coffee cups.
The double-walled vacuum helps to keep hot and cold drinks at their desired temperatures for up to 6 hours. Plus, with its convenient design, this makes it a perfect choice for car cup holders or for people carrying smaller bags.
The screw lid is designed for leak-proof and spill-proof usage which means you’ll be able to carry your hot coffee around in a bag with no issues. Also, the lid can be removed with ease for comfortable cleaning.
- Keep hot or cold for hours.
- Made of high quality stainless steel.
- BPA-free lid with airtight silicone seal.
Luckyberg Travel Mug
The Luckyberg travel mug is designed to retain temperature for over 6 hours. The double-wall construction and vacuum seal helps to keep your coffee hot wherever you’re going.
As always, we’re looking for these products to be leakproof and the Luckyberg travel mug is just that.
- Retains Temperature For Over 6 Hours.
- Truly Leakproof.
- BPA-free lid and food-grade stainless steel mean there are no chemicals that can leech into contents.
These are just a few great options to get you started on your travel mug journey. The recommendations above are generally based around performance rather than aesthetics but we all have our own preferences.
Just make sure that the specifications meet your needs. Leakproof products are a must for some while potentially not as important if you’ll be using the travel mug at your desk.
Whatever you choose, enjoy. You’ve earned it!