For those of us who are coffee and chocolate lovers, a mocha hits the spot every time. The great thing about chocolate is that it’s so versatile. It blends incredibly well with prominent coffee flavours. This is true of milk, dark, and white chocolate, and that’s why this white mocha recipe could be your new favourite pick-me-up.
Before we get into the good stuff, let’s point out the obvious. A white mocha is a sweet drink. If you prefer less sweetness when it comes to coffee then this is unlikely to be the choice for you.
What You’ll Need
- Espresso (1-2 shots) or strong coffee
- 1 cup of milk (whole or semi-skimmed)
- White chocolate chips (50g)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- White chocolate shavings (optional)
- Large cup or glass
- Rich and full of body.
- Medium roast.
- Suitable for all coffee makers.
What Is a Mocha?
A mocha is an espresso-based coffee.
Broken down into its components, it consists of espresso, chocolate, and steamed milk.
In coffee shops, a mocha is usually served as a latte with added chocolate.
How to Make a White Mocha
- Brew your coffee. If possible, make 1-2 shots of espresso with a home espresso maker but any form of strong coffee will work just fine.
- Add a cup of milk to a pan and warm up over low heat. Don’t over-do it and burn the milk.
- Add your white chocolate chips or diced white chocolate to the warm milk. The amount will depend on your personal preference but 50g or above works well.
- Whisk the hot milk and white chocolate until it is fully dissolved. Vigorous whisking here will imitate a milk frother if you don’t have one.
- Add the espresso to a large cup or glass and pour the hot milk and white chocolate combo over the top.
- Decorate the top of the drink with whipped cream and white chocolate shavings if you want it to be extra special.
- Two programmable buttons for espresso and lungo coffee.
- The 19 bar High performance pump offers barista-style coffee every time.
- The fast heat-up system reaches the ideal temperature in just 25 seconds.
That’s all there is to it. A simple white mocha that you can make at home quickly and easily.
If this is the drink for you, enjoy. You’ve earned it!